Ahh, there is nothing like a fall Saturday at the stadium. The smell of fresh rain, the chill in the air and the resounding sound of college football fans making the walk to the stadium. It doesn’t get much better than that.
For many, the next two weekends are your LAST CHANCE this year to go to a home game, and as loyal football fans we have had years to perfect the gameday craft. So, we feel pretty confident imparting our wisdom to football fans all over. Wherever you're cheering on your team, we’ve got you. What are some ways you, as a #Bucker, can get the most out of these last gamedays of the season?
This is what we got for ya:
Tailgate Early, Tailgate Often
The key to a successful gameday starts at the tailgate, obviously.
- ❏ Get your spot early.
- ❏ Put some meat on the grill.
- ❏ Get the dips and the chips out.
- ❏ Crack a cold one.
- ❏ Take in a deep breath of that gameday air.
On gameday, we all have tens of thousands of friends. Make them your best friends.
- ❏ Talk to every fan you see
- ❏ Belt out the fight song and let the crowd around you join in.
- ❏ Offer your new friends some of your chips and, if you’re feeling generous, your meat.
Do A Lap
Your tailgate is clearly awesome, but grab a can (or two) for the road and check out what other people have going on!
- ❏ Enjoy all the sights, sounds and smells your stadium has to offer.
- ❏ Play cornhole with someone you don't know.
- ❏ Visit the opposing team section and BE NICE (unless it's rivalry week).
- ❏ Give someone that second can if it looks like they need it - it'll come back to you in karma.
DO NOT MISS KICKOFF
You are here for football! Might as well catch as much of the game as possible.
- ❏ That feeling in the crowd right before the team runs out of the tunnel cannot be replicated - get there.
- ❏ MAKE NOISE: Yell every chance you get. The opposing team shouldn’t be able to hear themselves think.
This is crucial. You need enough energy to get you through the second half. Make sure you listen to the coach on the big screen, though, and get back in time for the third quarter!
- ❏ Leave the stadium with no voice. Do your part as a fan and leave it all on the field!
- ❏ Celebrate! Having a game day is a privilege. Win or lose, we will always be proud of our team, how they represent the school, and how they play.
- ❏ Enjoy a few post game beers with your friends, in victory or commiseration.
- ❏ Most importantly, get home safely. A successful gameday will always end with you tucked comfortably in bed.
If you follow these commandments for pre, during, and post gameday tactics, you will have a successful, kickass game day guaranteed! Make sure to #BuckUp, and as always from Cowbucker, Go Ducks!